Written in 1983. Originally staged by the RSC.
A play with music, set on an American air force base which backs onto a farm in Cornwall. A body found in the mud causes mayhem.
The play is published in Nick Darke: Plays 1 by Methuen.
‘Undermilk Wood meets Dr Strangelove.’
‘Of nukes and nuts in the west…goes with a swing.’ – The Times
‘The best moments in Nick Darke’s play are extremely good.’ – Times Literary Supplement
- The Farmers: Christopher Bowen, William Haden, Brian Parr
- Grace Gross: Jenny Agutter
- Kenneth Gross: Clive Wood
- Mrs May: Brenda Peters
- Alice: Lesley Sharp
- Archie Gross: Christopher Benjamin
- Gilbert: David Shaw Parker
- The Body: Tom Mannion
- The Rector: Derek Godfrey
- Stanley: Jimmy Gardner
- Walt: Pete Postlethwaite
- Lieutenant: John Bowe
- Al: Niall Padden